General Provisions and Conditions to Participate
KAMAY<CODE/>, aims to contribute to the meeting and collaborative work of professionals and relevant actors of the KAMAY VENTURES ecosystem. Among them, officers, suppliers, strategic partners and decision makers of the investors of Kamay Ventures (the "LPs", as it appears from the following link: https://kamaycode.com/en/about-kamay/), and thus with the crossing of their different knowledge and points of view, contribute to the solution of the challenges of the call, and the emergence of new relationships, ideas, products and ventures.
On the other hand, KAMAY<CODE/> will allow the community to come into contact with the problem of LPs in the first person, with the possibility of iterating the value proposition of the participants, in real time.
The intention is that the meeting is a trigger for improvements and ideas that could be supported or incubated to facilitate their implementation, and eventually put into production, to contribute to the transformation of the productive processes of LPs and other related actors in Brazil and the region.
- Generate a space for companies and startups to interact with solutions to the challenges posed in the call, with actors with knowledge of the food and beverage sector.
- Promote teamwork, in order to carry out a common project.
These bases contain the provisions that will regulate the forms of participation, evaluation criteria, jury, prizes and all other aspects that participation in this edition of KAMAY<CODE/> implies. Any condition stated by the participant in the formulation of the proposal that is in conflict with these bases and conditions will be of no value and effect. If unforeseen circumstances or force majeure justify it, the Kamay Ventures Trust (the “Organizers” or “Kamay Ventures”) may modify, suspend or terminate the KAMAY<CODE/> event in whole or in part, not having the participant right to any claim.
People over eighteen (18) years of age, startups and companies, either from the Federative Republic of Brazil or abroad, with the capacity to add value or solve one or more of the challenges posed in the KAMAY <CODE/> can register in KAMAY <CODE/> announcement.
The start of participation in KAMAY <CODE/> is through the registration form published on the site www.kamaycode.com (the “Website”). To be valid, the form must be completed and submitted before February 28, 2023 at 12AM.
All those registered (the “Participants”) will be evaluated according to the previously completed form, as well as the relevance of the proposed solution. The Organizers will communicate via email (at the address provided in the form) to confirm the Participant's participation or to request additional details regarding their profile. The use of a more detailed questionnaire to define its participation in KAMAY <CODE/> Sao Paulo 2023 is not ruled out.
On the days when the KAMAY <CODE/> face-to-face event is held, Participants must be present on August 22, 2023 in Sao Paulo at CUBO Alameda Vicente Pinzon, 54 - Vila Olímpia, São Paulo - SP, 04547-130 , Brazil , from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., to show their solution in pitch format (that is, through a concise verbal presentation of a maximum of 3 minutes) and answer or evacuate any doubts that may arise in the participating actors. Those who are selected must have time the following day, August 23rd, 2023, to participate in a face-to-face workshop from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the offices of The Coca Cola Company in Buenos Aires located at Vedia 4090, together with the LPs of Kamay Ventures.
The participation in KAMAY <CODE/> of employees of Kamay Ventures LP companies is exclusively subject to the list of mentors and specialists that will accompany the Participants made up of people who voluntarily register for the event and have been confirmed by Kamay Ventures.
By registering by submitting the registration form, Participants acknowledge and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions"), which may be modified at any time by Kamay Ventures without prior notice to Participants and by mere publication on www.kamaycode.com. Likewise, the Bases and Conditions can be consulted at any time by the Participants at www.kamaycode.com. Any person who does not accept these Terms and Conditions, which are obligatory and binding, must refrain from participating in the KAMAY <CODE/> program.
The Participants must respect the following rules of coexistence during the event to be held on March 29, 2023 (the "Event" or "Day 1") and during the workshop to be held on the 30th March 2023 (the “Workshop” or “Day 2”):
- Entry to the Event and the Workshop will only be allowed to registered and accredited Participants.
- It is essential to present a document that proves identity (in the case of human persons, by presenting the DNI and in the case of legal persons, by presenting the document that proves the representation of the legal person or its relationship with it).
- KAMAY<CODE/> will have free internet access during the days of the Event and the Workshop. To connect and carry out the necessary tasks, access the internet and/or digital tools, the Participants must have their own equipment (mobile phones, laptop, tablet, etc.), expressly stating that the Organizers will not provide any equipment to the Participants .
- All Participant devices must be entered in a register upon entry. To this end, the Participants must provide a description of the devices (characteristics, brand, serial number) and inform (under the character of an affidavit) who owns them.
- The Organizers will not be responsible for the loss or theft of any element or device of the Participants within the facilities where the Event and Workshop will take place.
- Participants must contribute to maintaining order and cleanliness of the Event and Workshop facilities.
The Organizers reserve the right to expel from the Event and the Workshop those Participants who do not comply with the previously detailed rules of coexistence.
They will not be able to participate in KAMAY<CODE/>:
- Human or legal persons who do not deliver the requested documents, who present incomplete information or falsify data delivered.
- Human persons (by themselves or through a legal person) who participate as mentors or are members of the Jury.
- Direct relatives (by themselves or through a legal person) of the members of the Jury, up to and including the second degree of consanguinity or affinity.
To register, those Participants who meet the conditions may enter the exclusive registration site, enabled from www.kamaycode.com. Once there, they must complete the online form that is available.
Registrations that do not meet all the requirements specified in these Terms and Conditions will not be accepted.
By the mere fact of registering in KAMAY <CODE/>, the Participants accept that the only form of reliable notification is by email, to the address indicated in the registration form. Any error in the data entered by the Participants in said form is the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Participants.
To participate in KAMAY <CODE/>, no prior knowledge is required.
Given the limitation of places, by physical space, up to 20 projects will be selected from those voluntarily registered, according to the evaluation carried out by the Organizers and at their sole discretion.
The Participants authorize the LPs and Kamay Ventures to use their images, taken during the course of KAMAY <CODE/>, for the purpose of being used for institutional material, presentations, publications on social networks, publications on their website, etc Said authorization will be free, and the Participant waives the right to make any type of claim.
The collection and treatment of the personal data of the Participants will be carried out by Kamay Ventures and will be stored on servers or magnetic media that maintain security and protection standards, in accordance with the provisions of Law 25,326 of the Argentine Republic and complementary and amending regulations. The Participants authorize the Organizers to include in a database, the personal data provided by the Participants on the Website ("Personal Data") and the information provided in each record, being the same for the exclusive internal use of Kamay Ventures, who will not deliver it to third parties. Personal Data may be used by Kamay Ventures for purposes related to KAMAY <CODE/>, either for its development or promotion. At the request of the interested party, the Personal Data stored by Kamay Ventures will be rectified, updated or deleted in accordance with article 16 of Law 25,326 of the Argentine Republic. The Participants, as holders of the Personal Data, have the power to exercise the right of access to them free of charge at intervals of no less than six months, unless a legitimate interest is proven in accordance with the provisions of article 14. , subsection 3, of Law 25,326 of the Argentine Republic. The Agency for Access to Public Information, which is the control body of Law 25,326 of the Argentine Republic, has the power to deal with complaints and claims that are filed in relation to non-compliance with the regulations on protection of personal data.
Presentation of the Projects
To participate in the Event, projects must previously register on the website www.kamaycode.com and be selected by the Kamay Ventures team (the "Projects").
Those who register on the Website must specify all the elements requested by the registration form and, optionally, answer additional questions and queries that may arise during the selection process.
The Kamay Ventures team may reject, at its sole discretion, those Projects that it considers contrary to the law or good customs, that contain discriminatory content, or in any way generate potential risks for the LPs, the Participants or third parties.
The intellectual property that may be capitalized as a result of participation in KAMAY <CODE/> belongs to the Participants. In this sense, the responsibility of registering and managing any intellectual property rights over the Projects falls exclusively on the Participants.
In the same way, the Participants declare that they undertake to hold harmless the Organizers, as well as related companies, officials, managers, successors, administrators, representatives and employees, from any liability that may arise from the infringement of third-party rights. that they have or claim to have, of any nature, on the ideas submitted within the framework of the KAMAY <CODE/> program.
The Participants are solely responsible for the material sent to the Organizers and for the authenticity of the information delivered at the time of the contest, and in this sense they release the Organizers from all responsibility, whether direct or indirect, foreseen or unforeseen, for any type of of damages, whether consequential, loss of profit or moral damage, among others, derived from the material sent by them. The Participants must be available during the entire duration to respond to any queries or requirements of the members of the Jury, or whoever they designate.
Selection of Projects
An immersive sales point
- Achieve valuable virtual/augmented reality experiences in stores
- Capitalize on the data generated by sensors and video cameras
- Analyze and capitalize on insights into purchasing behavior
- Optimize prices in real time
- Identify products and keep stock updated.
Five senses for the industry
- Obtain greater value and tools to make decisions from the Internet of Things in factories
- Digitize the supply chain
- Making warehouses and warehouses smarter
- Implement logistically optimized solutions
- Develop blockchain tools for the supply chain
The microlending revolution
- Introduce innovate credit scoring models
- Capitalize on blockchain technology in payments
- Providing accesible financial services for microcredits
- Implement mobile banking solutions
I didn't know I wanted it but now I have it
- Achieve unique shopping experiences
- Gamify consumption in stores
- Move consumption to the metaverse
- Implement payments with alternative devices (wearables).
Changing the world with foodtech
- Present innovative solutions that offers healthy, transparent and sustainable food options
- Capitalize on artificial intelligent for machine learning to deliver tailored dietary solutions
- Formulate products with clean labels, using natural ingredients
- Finding sustainable alternatives for food production
- Develop products and processes with a positive impact on the environment
The following criteria will be evaluated in the selection of Projects/ideas:
- The magnitude of the market opportunity in the sector in which it is developed
- The potential scalability at the regional level
- The differentiation of the current proposal with current competitors
- The strength of the team in terms of experience and interdisciplinarity
- The ease and/or compatibility to be able to leverage the project by the LPs
A Project will also be prioritized over another if:
- Contributes to circular consumption ecosystems
- It can help to develop capacities in groups or sectors with unequal opportunities.
- It can have a positive impact on the care and preservation of the environment.
- It is aligned with the culture vision and mission objectives of the LPs involved.
Development of the Different Stages of KAMAY <CODE/>
During the two days of activity, the Participants and the actors belonging to the LPs together with the Kamay Ventures team will work creating, testing and improving technological solutions to the challenges posed in this call.
After the Event and the Workshop, the actors may continue the conversations and relationships started during the activity without this implying or ensuring the purchase, implementation or contractual relationship between the parties.
The activity within the framework of this program will take place on two consecutive days (22 and 23 August 2023). During Day 1, we will listen to different experts, corporations and members of the entrepreneurial ecosystem share regional and global experiences and trends.
Towards the end of Day 1, the Jury will select the startups that will participate in Day 2.
Towards the end of Day 2, finishing the workshop with startups and LPs that takes place throughout Day 2, the participants will present the projects they have worked on together.
The experience closes with a networking party among all the Participants.
Constitution of the Jury
The Event Jury will be in charge of evaluating the Projects developed based on the criteria established by the Organizers. It will be made up of a group of people appointed by the Organizers, at their sole discretion, with recognized experience in the development and/or evaluation of applications (the "Jury").
The Jury will evaluate the work developed and will select the Outstanding Projects according to their opinion, being able to choose Outstanding Projects in different categories.
The Jury's decision will be final and unappealable by the Participants.
The Jury will be present during the last hours of the Event to tour the Projects, listen to the presentations of the Teams and choose the outstanding startups.
The evaluation criteria will generally involve the following:
- Profit contributed to the verticals of interest
- Patterns found in the data
- Level of innovation or creativity of the Project
- Feasibility level / Complexity
- Functionality, ease of use
- Interface design, visual impact / user experience
Winner Selection Criteria
The Projects will be analyzed, evaluated and eventually selected by the Jury. Said Jury may be made up of members of the LPs and/or academics or members of the entrepreneurial ecosystem with experience in the matter.
The Jury will proceed to carry out a general review of the Projects presented, and will immediately discard, if any, those that do not comply with the provisions of these Bases and Conditions.
For the purposes of developing its task, the Jury may use the reports of specialists and/or mentors who, in addition to the overall assessment of the Project, will evaluate the following aspects:
- Originality and innovative nature of the Project presented
- Methodological rigor and technical soundness of the Project
- Project feasibility and implementation potential: The development proposes alternatives that make its growth possible over time
- Personal background and balance of the human team presenting the Project
- Purpose for which you use the Project funds
- Commitment of each one of the members with the Project presented
- Relevance: The development responds to the objectives of the Hackathon
- Public good: The idea has a social value above its potential market value.
The Jury's decision will be final and unappealable and will be announced at the end of the Event. Kamay Ventures reserves the right to publish the identity of the selected(s) on their social media sites and/or any other means of communication, with the authorization of the Participants. The Jury reserves the right to vacate some and/or all the available places to participate in the Workshop.
Once the evaluation process of these bases has been carried out, the Jury will announce the selected Projects, being able to choose up to 20 Projects, at the sole discretion of the Jury.
Kamay Ventures will grant the Event Participants whose Projects have been selected by the Jury the possibility of exhibiting the selected Project on August 23, 2023.
The selection of Projects by the Jury does not guarantee the link in any way with Kamay Ventures or the implementation of the Project solutions by Kamay Ventures or the LPs.
In the event that the LPs or Kamay Ventures are interested in implementing the solutions of the Projects presented and/or initiating a proof of concept process with them, the necessary negotiations for such purposes will be carried out ad hoc, with the help of Kamay Ventures, but without any type of guarantee of success, both for the LPs and for the Participants.
Obligations of the Participants
The Participants agree to maintain confidentiality regarding the Confidential Information provided by the LPs during the Workshop and not to disclose it to third parties. "Confidential Information" shall mean any and all information provided by the LPs for the implementation of Project solutions, including but not limited to commercial, financial and scientific data, technical data, marketing, finances, photographs, drawings, specifications , samples, materials or experience of any nature, and any related information, as well as revealed or made available, directly or indirectly, and all copies, notes, reports, analyzes and evaluations of the aforementioned prepared by the LPs, that is classified as confidential or that, due to its nature or the circumstances in which it is disclosed, is reasonably understood to be confidential.
Kamay Ventures may prohibit the participation in the Event and in the Workshop to persons and teams that attempt to undermine its legitimate operation through cheating, fraud, deceit or any other unfair practice aimed at illegitimately winning, harassing, insulting , threaten or harass other Participants, without prejudice to the right to claim damages caused as a result of said proceeding.
If Kamay Ventures has reason to suspect that a Participant or a team has acted in a deceptive or fraudulent manner (including but not limited to listing a Project that does not belong to the submitters), Kamay Ventures reserves the right to expel the Participant. or to the team that it considers responsible for said activity or may be linked to it.
The interpretation, validity and fulfillment of these Bases and Conditions and of the rights and duties arising from it for the Participants, will be governed by the laws of the Federative Republic of Brazil.
Any conflict that may arise due to this will be subject to the jurisdiction and jurisdiction of the Ordinary Commercial Courts of the city of Buenos Aires, with the Participants expressly waiving any other jurisdiction or jurisdiction that may correspond.
The Organizers do not guarantee access, possibility of continued use, correct functioning and status of the Website.
By virtue of the fact that Kamay Ventures has no control over such third-party sites, it will not be responsible for the contents, materials, actions and/or services provided by them, nor for damages or losses caused by the use of these, directly or indirectly caused. The presence of links to other third-party websites does not imply a partnership, relationship, approval, endorsement of Kamay Ventures with said sites and their contents.
Address of the Organizers
For any effect that may correspond within the framework of the KAMAY <CODE/> program, the Organizers establish an address at Suipacha 207, floor 3 of 316, CABA, Argentine Republic, where all notifications within the framework of the KAMAY <CODE/> program will be valid.